Wednesday, September 17, 2008

AWAKENING

Oops..this blog is not any philosophy or about any inner call that i had.Just a little thought I had today morning while getting up from bed.
The best thing that I enjoy everyday is snoozing the alarm for 5 mins and enjoying the pleasure that those 5 mins give.I have always been a big time sleeper and a regular late riser.I can sleep for hours but still get the feeling that i had jsut slept for couple of hours and i need more sleep.
But at the same time,I have always felt guilty of sleeping more and getting up late.Might be because of the times my grandparents used to tell me the benefits of geting up early and studying to have a better memory.Or might be because of the jealousy seeing guys having great physique and the feeling that they get up early and hit the gym.I have always tried but regularly failed to get up early.
The first experiences i remember are keeping the alarm with a aluminium plate to increase the sound of the alarm.But I guess my neighbours had a tough time and my mother had to complain regularly of disturbing her sleep.
Other experience include keeping the alarm over a tall cupboard by climbing over a chair.Or crawling under the bed and keeping the alarm.The logic in both cases was that I would have to do some effort to switch offthe alarm and that would get me out of my sleep.But they rightly say neccessity is the mother of invention.And that man learns to adjust to his surroundings.I learned to sleep with a pillow covering my ears.
I figured out few friends who wanted to get up early and go for walks.I formed an alliance with them and made them give me a call in the morning.But after few days they complained of losing money calling me up and waiting for me at the gates while I blissfully slept.
The latest failed experiment was that of two alarms.One in the hall and one in my mobile.The modus operandi is this.My mobile alarm would ring and that would awake me.Within few seconds the alarm in the hall would ring and I would walk upto the hall and switch it off.Hurrah this worked.
Alas for one day.The shortcut was even better.I placed a bed near the alarm in the hall.So after switching this alarm,i didnt have to walk back to the bedroom.I can hit the sack in the hall itself.:-)
Thats when I knew..i regularly wear the Nike shoe.and that means I am what I am.I am Nocturnal

No comments: