Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Thought from the Skies


I have completd my 8th flight journey for the year.And I have another 4 more planned for the yearThat makes it an average of 1 flight a month.Every flight brings with it a different type of emotion
1.Happiness: Everytime I go home,i am elated.the happiness of going home to your loved ones ( especially my mom),the yummy home made food ( served with love and affection),the greenery that makes Kerala the "Gods own country",the greenery...the backwaters...ah I cant wait to get back home
2.Despair: Everytime I return back,this is what i feel.The sorrow of leaving home..back to the routine grind...the lonely existence.. How I wish everytime that i could spend a few days more at home.
3.Hope : My first and so far the only trip abroad..Hope of a new beginning...to meet my new boss...to understand my responsibilities.. to experience a new culture...a new beginning
4.Excitement: My break journey while returning from abroad..purely a holiday ( yeah it was just one day)...the beautiful beach in Zurich,mesmerizing music by Pachuly on the streets.
5.Power: A feeling of power..cos you are flying above ordinary mortals..you cant even see them..big vehicles being seen the size of ants..( did i sound arrogant?)
6.Fantasy: White clouds...of all shapes...but the most breathtaking sight was the Alps..covered in snow...takes you to another world completely..i really did dream of having a farm home somewhere near there
7.Fear: I should admit that everytime the aircraft shakes and the captain announces that we are going through turbulent weather..please fasten your seatbelts..I do get frightened.And latest Air France disaster has just added to my fear
8.Irritation: Everytime the flight attendant tries to sell bags and other stuff through bidding/scratch cards..when you need to pay and buy a bottle of water..whenver you are told that you have a non reclining seat
Every journey through the skies has made me go through some emotion or the other..but the best thing has been the time that I get for myself ( without a ringing cell phone) the time to think,the time to ponder..the time to DREAM

No comments: