Sunday, November 15, 2009

Time Machine

The weather was chilly..too cold for this part of the year.
In fact newspapers reported that it was the coldest day of November in the last 5 years.Too lazy to get up..perfect weather for being under the blanket.And still sleep was eluding me.

A lazy humming..and what tune did i hum..ek titli anek titliyaan..and it swept me to another era.I am sure you would all remember..the maroon coloured ( or whatever color) symbol of doordarshan.
With that humming.Bala Murali krishna singing mile sur mera tumhara toooo sur bane hamara.Srikanth and Gavaskar and PT Usha running with the lamp..One of the most famous ads..Hamara Bajaj Hamara Bajaj..
The soaps of those times..Nukaad...Mungeri lal ki haseen swapnein.oshin.
Later came Shekhar Suman with the hilarious Dekh Bhai Dekh and Swabhimaan.The mother of Soaps Shanti which brought Mandira Bedi into the limelight.

But what is still fresh in my mind is Ek Titli..Ane k Titliyaan.


Wonder how time flies by.The big fields i used to play as a kid is no more..its a concrete jungle.The pond where i used to try fishing has been buried.The mango trees where I used to build my hut during vacations has been cut down.I am more pre occupied with my work and profession.and spending time with loved ones.Less in touch with my native.Somehow things are not the same anymore.The place has changed..the people..the weather..the landscape..But the attachment remains.

Like the famous malayalam poem..Oru vattom koodi aa pazhaya vidyalaya muttathethuvan moham
(once more i feel like visiting my school courtyard).
.Olden times.Golden times..I MISS YOU !!!!

No comments: