Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Mobility to Immobility

Mobile phone is one of the most important inventions of the recent past.And with more innovation being added to this small gadget ( you can listen to FM radio,read Ebooks,browse the net,control your TV,record your favorite TV program),no wonder this is becoming an important part of your life.But seriously thinking about it,isnt it more of a bane than a boon?Forget the difficulties like getting calls at odd times and places,lets check a few frequent issues.

I used to remember around 20 phone numbers at one point of time,but now the only number I can remember is that of my home.( I dont even remember my own mobile number at times).Isnt it making us short memoried people?
But the most serious thing that I have noticed off late.People being glued to their headsets..recently I read a newspaper article where a lady was run over by a train.Apparently she was so busy on the phone that she didnt hear the engine sound of the train that mowed her down.Accidents caused by drivers who are speaking on mobile or glued to their headsets are becoming very common.Today morning I saw a person crossing the road with music blaring out of his headset.( Yeah I could hear the song from his mobile).This gentleman was so coolly oblivious to the traffic that a bus which was speeding down the road had to brake hard,but inspite of a lot of honking,this guy just didnt hear !!! I do see a few guys who forget to get down at their stops because they are so drowned in the conversation they are havivng on the mobile.

Guys..mobile is a cool gadget..lets use it coolly..else you will soon RIP.

No comments: