Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Well begun is half done...or is it Not Done?

My mother calls me 'Arambashunakan'...I dont know the meaning of the term..but she told me that it means someone who starts of things in right earnest and then leaves it midway..Might be she is true..or should i say she is right?Pondering over it..The ABAP course I did while working in Hyderabad..the gym in bangalore where in lost 4 kgs in a month ( and put on 6 kgs during the 3 months that I rested after te 1st month)..the unfilled ICWAI form lying in my cupboard..just a few instances worth mentioning..

Anyways what prompted me to write this is the incidents the media was showcasing over the past few months..

Mumbai 26/11:The spirit of Mumbai..We wont take this lying down.We wont let this die..blah blah..All that is happening now is the occasional war of words between a few top government officials..

Obama Mania..Obama,the most important person in the world at the moment..the man who is going to save America and eventually the rest of the world..Hope he just does not fade into oblivion..

Nearer to you and me,the numerous New Year resolutions..It is just the 2nd month of the year and I am sure most of the resolutions would have gone down the drain..

I am not saying I am immune to this..The beer in my refridgerator is my testimony that I am party to what i preached above..

Might be its time to rephrase the saying..after all well begun might be half done..but who cares when it is the other half that matters more?

4 comments:

Anju said...

By this standard I would say we are a generation of "Arambashunakan"!!

Chetan said...

BTW. You missed stating here that your also tricked a simple colleague of yours in paying that astronomical gym fees.

Maverick said...

Chetan and Anju,
Read my very first blog..you will get ur answers

Sreejit said...

Cant agree with u more than this..Most of us are doin the same... For a change I hav been to somewhat hold on to my resolutions so far.